TALKS AND MASTERCLASS
(45mins) On this panel we will be discussing the black hair revolution. Is this a trend or is it here to stay? Also what ingredients should we be looking out for to use on our culy hair? Plastic combs vs Wooden combs. Which gels (if any)should we be using for our baby hairs?
The Revolution Is Hair!
- MODERATED BY RACHAEL CORSON, CO-FOUNDER, AFROCENCHIX
- ANASTASIA CHIKEZIE, FOUNDER, PURELY NATURAL HAIR
- SAL BAXTER, FOUNDER, ROOT2TIP
- KEVIN SHANTI, CELEBRITY HAIR STYLIST
- VIVIAN KAYE, CEO OF KINKYCURLYYAKI
- CHRISSIE MILAN, BRAND AMBASSADOR OF LONDON VIRGIN HAIR
(1hr) On this panel we will be discussing lack of inclusivity in the mainstream but also look at the beauty ideals of the black community. We will delve deep into the issue of colourism and our my shade matters campaign.
Black Beautiful Me: The Perception of Beauty
- MODERATED BY TOLANI (TOLLY T), 1/3 OF THE RECEIPTS PODCAST
- DAMILOLA ADEJONWO (SENOR FENTY), YOUTUBER
- HANNAH OLATEJU, LIFESTYLE BLOGGER & QUAD AMPUTEE
- NAOMI ONI, BURN SURVIVOR & BEAUTY INFLUENCER
- ATEH JEWEL, BEAUTY JOURNALIST FOR DEEPER SKIN TONES
- BASMA KHALIFA, FASHION & CULTURAL PRESENTER
(45Min) Beauty is a means to financial empowerment for our female workforce. Beautystack is a new global platform dedicated to connecting clients with beauty professionals. Through the creation of a visual network, Beautystack allows clients to like, book and share their favourite beauty looks, and keep up with the latest trends whilst finding their very own beauty gang.
Key Note: 'The Beauty of Business'
- SHARMADEAN REID MBE, FOUNDER OF WAH NAILS, FUTUREGIRLCORP & BEAUTYSTACK
(1hr) During this panel session, we hear from and celebrate talented women of colour in the media who have challenged the narrow industry standards of beauty. We’ll discuss how they have taken control to make sure diverse faces are seen and voices heard, and how we can all do our part to shine a light on our fellow sisters.
Black Beauty Represented
- MODERATED BY MICHELLE OWUSU, ENTERTAINMENT MARKETING, SCENETV
- NICOLE VASSELL, FEATURES EDITOR, PRIDE MAGAZINE
- DALIA DIAS, CREATIVE DIRECTOR
- YINKA BOKINNI, PRESENTER & DJ, CAPITAL XTRA
- SHARMAINE ADEREMI, TALENT & BRAND MANAGER, STORM ARTISTS
- ZEZE MILLZ, PRESENTER, THE ZEZE MILLZ SHOW
(45mins) Jacque Mgido is a Hollywood makeup artist and live in LA. She has worked her magic on women of colour and has worked on a few good men too such as Denzel and Snoop! Her products are amazing, and she has a wealth of knowledge to share.
Make Up Masterclass With Hollywood Mua Jacque Mgido
- UNDERSTAND THE FUNDAMENTALS OF EYEBROWS:
- IDENTIFYING DIFFERENT BROW SHAPES AND THE IMPLICATIONS OF BAD BROW GROOMING
- THE INFLUENCE OF HOW BROWS CAN GIVE DIFFERENT IMPRESSIONS
- IDENTIFYING EACH AUDIENCES BROW SHAPES FOR THERE FACE
- LEARNING TO FILL IN BROWS. WHERE TO START, PEAK AND END
(45mins) On this panel we ask why are we underrepresented at the boardroom level in the UK black Hair and Beauty. We will also look at access to resources or what help is there for small businesses in the hair and beauty space to scale?
A Seat At The Table? The Beauty Of Black Ownership
- MODERATED BY AFUA ADOM, EDITOR, GLAM AFRICA
- CHLOE WATTS, FOUNDER, CHLOE DIGITAL
- JAMELIA, FOUNDER, TREASURE TRESS,
- MELANIE EUSEBE, FOUNDER, BLACK BRITISH BUSINESS AWARDS
- ANASTASIA CHIKEZIE, FOUNDER, PURELY NATURAL HAIR
- SHERRILLE RILEY, FOUNDER, NAILS & BROWS MAYFAIR
- SANDRA BROWN-PINNOCK, FOUNDER, XSANDY’S AFRO HAIR SHOP
(1hr) On this panel we will be sharing all the best skin and beauty tips for women with darker skin tones. Black don’t crack- is this a fact or myth?
Melinated Magic: 'Beat Face' and Beyond
- MODERATED BY RONKE ADEYEMI, FOUNDER OF BROWN BEAUTY TALK
- JACKIE MGIDO, HOLLYWOOD MUA AND FOUNDER OF JACQUE MGIDO COSMETICS
- MARIAM MUSA, MAKE-UP, FASHION & LIFESTYLE INFLUENCER
- ABBIE MAY, CELEBRITY MUA
- SHALOM LLOLYD, FOUNDER, NATURALLY TRIBAL
- OFOME EYANAGHO, FOUNDER, GLOWPOT
- FATIMAH, SKINCARE EXPERT
(45min) Do you ever feel your interest in makeup contradicts your religious beliefs? Does beauty or body enhancement have a place in Religion?. This panel will definitely give us an insight into our beliefs and beauty.
Flawless in Faith: Does Beauty Have a Place in Religion?
- MODERATED BY MOSIQUE LAVONTELLE, RADIO & TV PRESENTER
- NISSY TEE, PRESENTER & INFLUENCER
- RAMLA TYROW, CEO OF RAVITA LDN AND PRODUCTION MANAGER
- SAMIRA SCHOFIELD, INFLUENCER
- NIKKY O, SPEAKER, ENTREPRENEUR, PHILANTHROPIST AND MENTOR
(45mins) Join the panel as we talk through what many may define as a expedition with their hair.
Love Thy Crown In association with Palmer's
- MODERATED BY KEHRYSE JOHNSON, CREATOR OF WOMEN IN
- SLUMFLOWER, AWARD WINNING BLOGGER AND AUTHOR
- ABBIECURLS, NATURAL HAIR BLOGGER
- STEPHANIE SEY, TRICHOLOGIST
- JAY & TRI, CURLTURE UK, EMPOWERMENT INFLUENCERS & AUTHORS
(1hr) Does sisterhood still exist? Do we do enough to support each other or we could be doing more to celebrate black women?
- MODERATED BY SHEDZI, AWARD WINNING TV PRESENTER
- YOMI & LIZZIE, AUTHORS, SLAY IN YOUR LANE
- PATRICIA CAMPBELL, WELLNESS COACH
- AUDREY AKA GHANA'S FINEST, 1/3 OF RECEIPT'S PODCAST
- JAY & TRI, CURLTURE UK, EMPOWERMENT INFLUENCERS & AUTHORS OF 'KINK'
- JANET OGANAH AND ADONICA SIMMONS, CO-HOST MAKING MONEY MOVES PODCAST
(1hr) Do black women feel pressured by men to look mainstream? Does body positivity campaigns need to be supported by men? This panel will be spilling the tea.
Pressures of 'Perfection': Women vs Men
- MODERATED BY ANNIKA ALLEN, CO-OWNER OF THE BLACK MAGIC NETWORK
- KOJO ANIM, TV, & FILM PRODUCER, CO-OWNER OF THE BLACK MAGIC NETWORK
- NISSY TEE, PRESENTER & CONTENT CREATOR
- CHIMMY LAWSON, AUTHOR, THE LITTLE PINK BOOK
- LUCAS WALKER, BKCHAT LDN REALITY TV PERSONALITY, MODEL & ACTOR
- TRAVIS JAY, COMEDIAN, ACTOR RADIO PRESENTER